our ministry philosophy
Encounter Community Church is ultimately under the authority and direction of Jesus Christ. Through His lordship, we are governed by three levels of leadership. These levels strive to work together with one unified goal: to fulfill our God-given mission for this church. Members of our leadership team can be found right here.
OUR PASTORS & STAFF
Charged with casting and maintaining the vision by developing strategic planning that will help Encounter reach its full Kingdom potential. The Lead Pastor and staff serves as the executive leadership for the operations and function of Encounter as well as volunteer staff and leadership.
CHURCH BOARD OF ADMINISTRATION
Encounter Community Church’s Board of Administration (CBA) exists to help keep the Lead Pastor accountable for the leadership of the Church. The CBA also exists to govern the church and to help the leadership fulfill its vision, mission, and direction with support & encouragement for each ministry leader and team.
The Ministry Leadership Team (MLT) is comprised of all the ministry team leaders (paid and lay staff). They are responsible for creating, organizing and implementing all ministry team activities in coordination with the Lead Pastor and the mission and vision of Encounter.
What We Value at the Core
Our Core 6:
1. Honest Communication: We are a community that will value expressing the truth through trust, vulnerability, and being ok with our flaws. We believe that honesty coupled with truth is not misleading or manipulative.
2. Relational Discipleship: We are a community that will value an ongoing desire to want to learn more about God and the responsibility to constantly be praying about the next steps and opportunities God is awakening in ones life.
3. Intentional Positivity: We are a community that will value an outlook on life that is positive and uplifting which focuses on seeing God's grace even in the most difficult of situations
4. Humility: We are a community that will lack excessive ego or personal status. We will value the contributions of others and share attention as well as emphasize the group over self; the collective over the individually.
5. Joyful Fun: We are a community that will value an outlook on life that seeks out to have fun with each other and to create joy in the lives of those we encounter.
6. Over the Top Generosity: We are a community that will value a spirit and attitude of giving and resolve to help those in need when its within our capability.